The following rules shall govern all North County Bass Club Tournaments. Club tournament fishing will fulfill the objective of this Club, that is, to promote the sport of bass fishing with emphasis on education, skill development, good sportsmanship, fellowship, and the exchange of ideas and techniques.
1) Conflicts of interest, discrepancies and inconsistencies found in these North County Bass Tournament Rules will be brought to the attention of the North County Bass members by presentation in writing to the President at any scheduled Club meeting. The letter shall include the Tournament Rule as written, the conflict of interest, discrepancy and/or inconsistency within the rule and suggestions to clarify, modify or eliminate the rule. The letter will be read to the Club members present at that Club meeting. The floor will be open for discussion and appropriate action will be taken to clarify, modify or eliminate any inconsistencies except for a reversal of an original decision made by the Elected Club Officials at a previous Club tournament or a vote of Club Members at a previous Club meeting.
2) Any violations of Club tournament, lake, and/or DFW rules during a Club tournament will be brought to the attention of the Tournament Director prior to the end of the tournament. The Tournament Director will present the findings to the Elected Club Officials present at that Club tournament. Those in violation shall be subject to disciplinary action by the Elected Club Officials present at that Club tournament. The interpretation of the rules is at the discretion of the Elected Club Officials present at that Club tournament. The result may be any of the following; point reduction, tournament disqualification, suspension, or fine depending on the decision of the Elected Club Officials present at that Club tournament. Termination from the Club can only be a recommendation from the Elected Club Officials present at that Club tournament. Termination from the Club requires a unanimous vote of Club members present at the next scheduled Club meeting. A decision will be rendered. The decision is final.
3) An individual Club Elected Officer does not have the authority to carry out any action on a Club member to a specific circumstance or alleged violation. Any specific circumstance or alleged violation during a tournament shall be, first, discussed with the Tournament Director. The Tournament Director will then bring each specific circumstance or alleged violation to the Elected Officers present at that tournament. Any person alleged of a violation will have the opportunity to defend and/or protest any allegation prior to leaving the tournament lake. A decision will be rendered by the Elected Officers present at that tournament. Disciplinary action is recommended before disqualification or termination of a member except for violations in the Tournament Rules that call for immediate disqualification or termination.
4) Although Club members are encouraged to fish other fishing circuits, these other circuit tournament dates do not take priority over tournament dates set by this Club. North County Bass Tournaments will not be scheduled around other fishing event circuit tournament dates. No North County Bass Tournaments will be used as a pre-fishing vehicle for other circuit event tournaments. Consideration MAY be given to arrange North County Bass tournaments around other circuit event tournament dates by a majority vote of members present at a regularly scheduled Club meeting.
5) The Tournament Director will recommend Club tournament dates and locations to the Club members as far in advance as possible. To change a previously arranged Tournament Date and/or Tournament Lake refer to North County Bass Constitution and By Laws Article V – Section 5.3 for Special Meetings to change previously arranged Tournament Dates and/or Tournament Lakes.
6) The Tournament Director will maintain a complete and accurate record of each Club tournament and a breakdown of Club tournament results for each Club member. The results will be posted or reported.
7) All Club tournament contestants will practice "Catch and Release." All boats used for Club tournaments shall have a functional live well system. The careful handling and ethical treatment of fish is very important for the future of bass angling.
8) All specific Club tournament criteria will be announced at the meeting prior to the tournament event. (Weigh-in times, launch location, off limit areas, etc…)
9) Club tournament entry fees may be paid at the meeting prior to the Club tournament, by the opening of the lake but in no case later than the end of the tournament unless prior arrangements have been approved by the Tournament Director. It is the responsibility of each contestant to locate the Tournament Director or an assigned Club representative to pay their entry fees.
10) Club tournament fees are as follows:
- Club tournament entry fee is $23.00.
- A big fish side option for that Club tournament is $5.00.
- A big fish side option of $2.00 for a fish weighing 4 pounds or over. This side option will carryover until a fish weighing 4 pounds or over is weighed-in.
- A charge totaling $5.00 for each tournament contestant plus the standard Club tournament fee contribution will be paid back to the Club Treasury.
11) A Club tournament begins when the lake opens and ends when the results of the Club tournament have been posted or reported.
12) Consumption of alcoholic beverages and the use of illegal drugs shall not be allowed during the fishing portion of any Club tournament.
13) Club tournament contestants are restricted to the use of artificial lures only, unless otherwise approved by a majority vote of the Club members prior to the Club tournament date.
14) Only one (1) rod may be used for fishing at a time. Extra rods may be rigged and ready for use.
15) Obvious trolling is prohibited. (Trolling is defined as using the combustion engine to trawl a bait.)
16) Bank fishing is permitted.
17) It is the responsibility of the Club tournament contestants to know the weigh-in times and the designated weigh-in site as specified by the Tournament Director. All Club tournament contestants shall be within the boundaries of the designated weigh-in site at or before the designated weigh-in time. Failure to comply shall result in the following penalties:
- One (1) pound up to the and including the first five (5) minutes late.
- Two (2) pounds up to and including the second five (5) minutes late.
- Disqualified after ten (10) minutes late.
18) Fish will be measured using a GATOR GRIP GOLDEN RULE TOURNAMENT BOARD. All fish brought to the weigh-in shall be the minimum length required for that specific lake or body of water unless a variance has been approved. Fish shall be measured at a horizontal plane with the mouth in the open position and the tail pinched and swung for maximum length. All fish relinquished to the Tournament Director become the possession of North County Bass for the purpose of weigh-in. The Tournament Director will conduct the measurements and an Elected Club Official will witness the measurements of all contested fish. The fish will be measured on one side and flipped over to be measured on the other side. Short fish will be immediately released by the Tournament Director or an Elected Club Official. The weight of each short fish will not be counted and a one (1) pound penalty will be assessed for each short fish brought to the weigh-in. Courtesy measurements shall not be allowed at the weigh-in facility. No exceptions.
19) Dead fish brought to the weigh-in will be assessed a four (4) ounce deduction for each dead fish. It is a violation of California Department of Fish and Wildlife to return a dead fish to the lake. (Freshwater Sport Fishing Regulations Chapter 1. General Provisions and Definitions – Section 1.87.)
20) Tiebreaker for Club tournament contestants with an equal total weight will be determined by:
- Heaviest fish of the stringer. If fish are equal in weight then:
- Coin toss.
21) Tiebreaker for Club tournament contestants with an equal big fish weight will be determined by:
- Heaviest total weight of stringer (after penalties). If stringers are equal in length then:
- Coin toss.
22) Cash prizes will be awarded as follows:
- Fourth place
- Third place
- Second place
- Big fish
- First place
Any prize money not awarded is property of the Club Treasury unless prior arrangements have been made for the collection of Club tournament contestant prize money.
23) Club tournament contestants having to leave the lake prior to the official weigh-in time(s) shall make prior arrangements with the Tournament Director to have their fish weighed. Emergencies shall be treated on a case by case basis.
24) Only fully vested Club members shall receive points in a Club tournament. Club members shall only receive the place and points for their respective finishes.
25) A Coast Guard Approved Personal Floatation Device (PFD) shall be worn by all Club tournament contestants when the combustion engine is running. Non-boaters are responsible for providing their own PFD. A five (5) dollar fine will be assessed to all those in violation of this rule.
26) Common courtesy and good sportsmanship will be extended to all those we come into contact with.
27) Boaters that intend to use their vessel in the Events of the North County Bass Club must have a minimum liability insurance policy that complies with the North County Bass Club insurance policy before participating in North County Bass Club events. Conformation of the boater's liability insurance policy may be required. The Club Offices will provide the necessary insurance requirements to the boaters of the North County Bass Club.
28) Release and express assumption of risk:
- Release: I personally and on behalf of my heirs, successors, servants, assigns, executors, administrators, guardians and conservators, hereby release, discharge, cancel, waive, covenant not to sue, acquit and hold harmless North County Bass Club, and its partners, principals, agents, servants, heirs, administrators, successors, officers, representatives, attorneys and assigns as well as any governmental entity where the events are being held, and agree to hold them free and harmless for, from, against and causes of actions of any character whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, arising from their negligence or otherwise (the "claims").
- Indemnification: I also agree to indemnify and defend North County Bass Club against the claims, and other damages, cost and expenses, including reasonable attorney's fees, resulting from any Claim made by me or my agents or successors-in-interest. I understand and agree that under this provision, the North County Bass Club will be indemnified by me whether the North County Bass Club potential liability for Claims has risen as a result of the North County Bass Club negligence alone or of co-negligence with me, or the negligence of others.
- Assumption of Risk: I acknowledge that these events involve certain risks and hazards. Including the risk of accidental injury or death, or loss or damage to property, resulting from wild animals, inclement weather, accidents, equipment malfunctions, collisions, falls, drowning or other causes. I knowingly and freely assume all such risks, both known and unknown, even if arising from the negligence of the North County Bass Club or others, and assume full responsibility for my participation in these events.
- Good Health & Expertise: I attest and verify that I am currently physically fit, am enjoying good health and have sufficient expertise for participation in these events. I understand that fishing and outdoor events are physically strenuous activities and that I will be exerting myself during these events and that if injured as a result of a heart attack, panic, hyperventilation, ect. that I expressly assume the risk of said injury.
- 3 points for each legal fish weighed in.
- 1 point per pound. (half pound rounds up)
- 5 points for tournament big fish.
- 2 points for tournament entry + 2 points for wearing Club colors.
- 2 points for attending each Club meeting.